Microsoft announced that LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman joins Microsoft’s board three months after the Microsoft completed its $26 billion acquisition of the LinkedIn.
Hoffman wrote a blog post on LinkedIn confirming his joining the Microsoft board saying “The Mission Continues: Joining the Microsoft Board.”
Microsoft added Reid Hoffman to the board increases Microsoft’s board to 12 members, and he will be appointed to the Regulatory and Public Policy Committee.
Here’s the full list of board members:
- John W. Thompson, Microsoft independent chairman
- William H. Gates, Microsoft founder, and technology advisor
- G. Mason Morfit, president, ValueAct Capital
- Satya Nadella, chief executive officer, Microsoft
- Charles H. Noski, former vice chairman of Bank of America Corp.
- Sandra E. Peterson, executive vice president, Group Worldwide Chairman for Johnson & Johnson
- Dr. Helmut Panke, former chairman of the board of management at BMW AG
- Charles W. Scharf, a former chief executive officer of Visa Inc.
- John W. Stanton, Chairman, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Trilogy International Partners
- Teri List-Stoll, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Gap Inc.
- Padmasree Warrior, chief development officer of NextEV, and chief executive officer of U.S. for NextEV
“I’ve long admired Reid’s ability to identify disruptive technologies and the passion we share for how digital platforms can create new opportunity for people around the world,” Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said in a statement. “As a board member, Reid’s leadership and strategic perspective will help chart the future of our company as we aim to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.”
“While my primary job is Partner at the venture capital firm Greylock, I’ve maintained an office next to Jeff Weiner’s at LinkedIn for the last nine years,” Hoffman wrote. “I spend substantial time there throughout the week, and that will continue.”
Hoffman is currently a partner at Greylock Partners, the well-known Bay Area venture capital firm. He also sits on the boards of Edmodo, Blockstream, and Seattle-based Convoy.
Sudheer Kiran is a digital marketing consultant & co-founder of the digital marketing agency DigitalVow that offers digital marketing services to small and medium-sized enterprises. He is passionate on covering topics like marketing, startups and entrepreneurship.