Google has launched a new video conferencing application called Meet by Google Hangouts, which is designed for HD video meetings for G Suite users.
As Google already have Google Hangouts for video calling, this new app will have more benefits over Google hangouts and it is primarily developed for business communication.
- Business-friendly HD video conferencing application.
- Offers group video calls, not just video chat, but in an expanded capacity.
- It supports HD video meetings with up to 30 participants.
- Easy to access calls while on the go as it includes dial-in numbers for those who are traveling.
- In main screen it displays a list of your scheduled meetings, along with other details like time, location, subject, attendees and more.
- For large conferences, there is a main window at the top where you can watch who is talking, followed by a longer list of participants’ screens, names and emails below.
Google has not yet officially announced Meet, and the mobile app is only live on the iTunes App Store for the time being.
Sudheer Kiran is a digital marketing consultant & co-founder of the digital marketing agency DigitalVow that offers digital marketing services to small and medium-sized enterprises. He is passionate on covering topics like marketing, startups and entrepreneurship.